This Agreement and the Supplements referred to apply to all visits by your Cat to the MEOWCLASS (“boarding”)
Services. We agree to provide the specific services to your Cat for each visit as indicated on the Service Card thatwill be filled out for each of your Cat’s visits (“Services”). We will exercise reasonable judgment as we provide the Services.
Payment for Services. You agree to pay us for the Services we provide to your Cat(s) during each visit at therates set forth at the start of such visit (collectively the “Charges”). Prices are subject to change without notice andseasonal rates may apply. Charges begin on the day you leave your Cat(s). Boarding check out time is by noon on the departure date and additional Charges will be due for late check out. If you do not pay your bill in full at check-out, MEOWCLASS is required to return your Cat to you at the time of check-out. You understand, however, that you will remain liable for all Charges incurred during your Cat’s stay, and MEOWCLASS reserves the right to collect any unpaid balance.
Reservations. Reservations are accepted but not guaranteed without verification of MEOWCLASS requirements.
Cancellations. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least (7) days prior to your arrival date. MEOWCLASS reserves the right to charge late cancellation fees.
Your Agent*. You must provide an adult, over the age of 18, as a contact (‘Agent”) for the boarding if you are unable to be reached in case of emergency. Your Agent must also be someone other than the primary Cat Parent(s) and should not be someone traveling with you if you are leaving town. If we cannot reach you, you authorize us to contact your Agent. You agree that your Agent shall have your full and complete authority to make any and all decisions, including those related to the health of your Cat and the expenditure of funds, for or on behalf of you and your Cat.
Emergencies. In an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact you or your Agent to retrieve your Cat. You agree that MEOWCLASS, at its sole discretion, is authorized to transport, and/or to make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for your Cat until you or your Agent can retrieve the Cat. You understand it may not always be possible to safely evacuate your Cat.
Check-In and Check-Out. The lobby is open for check-in and check-out as posted at MEOWCLASS. We may require government issued identification before releasing the Cat(s) to ensure we only release your Cat to you, your Agent.
Personal items. Do not bring items with your Cat that are valuable or irreplaceable. MEOWCLASS is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal item or toy left with your Cat
Cat Health and Behavior. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Cat at check-in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears to us the Cat is sick, injured, in pain, or that its behavior could jeopardize the health or safety of other Cats or our staff.
- No Cat can stay with us unless the Cat is healthy and we have confirmation from a licensed veterinarian or approved designee that the Cat has received all vaccinations required by MEOWCLASS.
- If at any time your Cat is found to have fleas or ticks, we may provide the appropriate flea or tick removal treatment, and you authorize us to provide such service at your additional expense.
- You represent that your Cat has no illness, injury or behavior problem (including aggressive or biting behavior) that has not been disclosed to us.
- We may accept certain older Cats and we may administer routine medication for chronic conditions, but we are not equipped to care for acutely sick Cats or aggressive or biting Cats.
- You represent that your Cat has not been exposed to rabies, distemper, or parvovirus within 30 days prior to beginning its stay with us.
- If your Cat has been treated for a contagious illness, we will not accept your Cat(s) for at least two (2) weeks after treatment has been completed and a statement of health is obtained from a licensed veterinarian.
- You acknowledge that we may contact appropriate authorities if your Cat bites another Cat or any person.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your Cat becomes ill or injured, or if your Cat has a pre-existing condition which is aggravated by its stay, and requires professional attention we will attempt to notify you or your Agent at the telephone numbers you provide on the reverse side. If we cannot reach you or your Agent, MEOWCLASS at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine or give other necessary attention to your Cat, and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. In cases we believe to be critical, we may take your Cat to the veterinarian first before trying to contact.
If you refuse medical treatment for your Cat, MEOWCLASS, at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine to make your Cat as comfortable as possible until picked up by you or your Agent, and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. If we cannot reach you or your Agent, we will make healthcare decisions for your Cat based on the recommendations of available professionals.
- In the unfortunate event that your Cat passes away while in our care, we will hold your Cat until you or your Agent are able to pick up your Cat; or if you wish, at your expense, we will arrange to have your Cat cremated.
Contact with Other Cats. While your Cat is staying with us, he or she will commingle and socialize with other Cats. Every effort will be made to ensure the safety of our guests by assessing each Cat.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your Cat is injured, YOU RELEASE MEOWCLASS AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
- If your Cat injures another Cat or any person, you will be solely responsible for any injury to the other Cat(s)/ or person(s) as well as your own Cat, and YOU RELEASE MEOWCLASS AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
Communicable diseases. Although all Cats coming into the MEOWCLASS are required to be vaccinated, it is still possible for a Cat to become ill. You understand this risk and agree that MEOWCLASS is not liable for any expense related to illness suffered by your Cat during or after its stay.
Cats not picked up on Departure Date. If you or your Agent do not pick up your Cat at the agreed upon date and time, you hereby authorize us to continue to provide the Services as set forth in this Agreement at your expense. If MEOWCLASS determines, at its sole discretion, that an extension of Services is required, payment in full may be required prior to extending such Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if your Cat is deemed abandoned under local laws or regulations, or in MEOWCLASS’s discretion as permitted by law, we will follow the Abandoned Cat Procedure. MEOWCLASS guests may be converted to boarding services if the Cat has not been picked up within the lobby hours and you shall pay the expense.
Abandoned Cat Procedure. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, if you fail to pick up your Cat by the designated time:
- All Services will stop, with the exception of medication administration necessary to ensure Cat health and safety and basic boarding services (food, water, relief time and shelter).
- We will attempt to contact you by telephone and/or in writing using the information that you have provided, advising you that if your Cat is not picked up within a reasonable time period, your Cat will be deemed to be abandoned and that we will deliver the Cat to a third party adoption partner or other similar government agency. You understand that you may lose ownership of your Cat under these circumstances. If you fail to pick-up your Cat for any reason, YOU RELEASE MEOWCLASS FROM ALL FURTHER LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CAT.
- You shall remain liable to us for all unpaid Charges, including without limit the court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in the collection of the Charges.
Sole Ownership. You represent to us that you are the owner(s) of the Cat(s) and that you are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. All of the information about you and your Cat in this Agreement is true, accurate and complete. In a custody dispute we will require proof of ownership, a written property settlement agreement or court decree.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, from and against all loss, damage or expense, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from misrepresentations by you or your representatives or resulting from your Cat’s stay including,
without limitation, any person claiming to be the owner of your Cat and any person claiming damage or injury by your Cat.
Miscellaneous Provisions. This written Agreement constitutes our entire and only agreement and there are no oral agreements or understandings except as provided for in this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall bind us and our assigns and you and your heirs and assigns.
- The law that applies to the Agreement is the law of the state or province and municipality where your Cat is to stay. If there are disputes that result in litigation, the courts of the state or province and municipality where your Cat is to stay shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- We may take a photo of you & your Cat while your Cat is receiving our Services or in our care (“Photo”). You hereby grant Us the perCatual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to publish, distribute, adapt, modify, or otherwise use the Photo, or any portion thereof, in any manner for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without your notice, review or approval.
Definitions. The terms used throughout this Agreement, whether capitalized or not, and in either the singular or plural form, means as follows: “We,” “Us,” “boarding” means MEOWCLASS, its associates and its subsidiaries. “You” and “your” shall mean the Cat Parent(s) signing this Agreement. “Cat” or “your Cat” shall mean the cat(s) staying at the MEOWCLASS and shall refer to the Cat(s) designated by the Cat Parent in this Agreement.